- Who is the youngest general in the world?
- Who were the best soldiers in history?
- How do you counter a flanking maneuver?
- How do you win a war?
- Who was Hitler’s best general?
- Who was the best tactician?
- Who were the greatest warriors of all time?
- Who is America’s greatest general?
- What makes a great strategist?
- Who is considered the greatest general in history?
- What was the most genius war tactic in history?
- How do you defend against a pincer attack?
- Who is the only 6 star general in American history?
- Who has won the most battles in history?
- How do you become a military strategist?
Who is the youngest general in the world?
Pennypacker was in the military hospital at Fort Monroe, Virginia, when he learned of his promotion to the rank of brigadier general.
He was twenty years old: the youngest general officer ever appointed in the service of the U.
Brevet promotion to major-general followed a month before the Civil War ended..
Who were the best soldiers in history?
Top 10 Greatest Warrior Groups in HistoryMongol Warriors (1206 AD–1687 AD)Maori Warriors (1280 AD–1872 AD) … British SAS (1 July 1941–Present) … The Spartans (6th Century BC–4th Century BC) … Ninjas (12th Century AD–1868 AD) … Gurkhas (1815 AD–Present) … Kamikaze Pilots (October 1944–15 August 1945) … Knights (3rd Century AD–15th Century AD) … More items…•
How do you counter a flanking maneuver?
The best way to defend against a flanking maneuver is to not bend the line. As the Flanking Maneuver is called, the entire line should hinge back away from the enemy line. This ensures that no one is left fighting multiple opponent’s and no weak spot is created.
How do you win a war?
To win your war, you must utilize strategy, tactics, and propaganda. Be prepared to be surprised and plan to surprise your enemy. Keep your energy and enthusiasm high. Don’t get dejected due to temporary setbacks and failures.
Who was Hitler’s best general?
Marshal Erich von Manstein648 pp. 16 color maps. Weidenfeld & Nicolson, 2010. No major biography of Field Marshal Erich von Manstein has appeared in English until now, though he was the greatest German general of World War II—and probably the greatest of all the war’s leaders.
Who was the best tactician?
Top 10 Military Field TacticiansGenghis Khan.Julius Caesar.George S. Patton.Erich von Manstein.Scipio Africanus.Erwin Rommel.Thomas J. “ Stonewall” Jackson.Hannibal Barca.More items…•
Who were the greatest warriors of all time?
Here are a few of those type of people to inspire you to take that step towards your greatness:Tlahuicole. Tlahuicole was a warrior who lived pre-sixteenth century. … Galvarino. … Spartacus. … Miyamoto Musashi. … Prince Rupert of the Rhine. … Flamma. … Marcus Cassius Scaeva. … Xiahou Dun.More items…•
Who is America’s greatest general?
Arguably the most famous general after George Washington, George S. Patton is the personification of what many Americans think a general should be (or more specifically George C. Scott’s portrayal in the iconic 1970 film about him is what Americans think a general should be).
What makes a great strategist?
1. Innate curiosity (general curiosity + intellectual curiosity) The best strategists always seek to understand why something happens the way it does—or what makes someone do the things they do. Great strategists ask a lot of questions and enjoy spending time trying to figure people and things out.
Who is considered the greatest general in history?
1. Napoleon Bonaparte. Yes, you might have guessed by now, but the number one spot belongs to l’Empereur. Napoleon is so far ahead of the normal distribution curve created by the data for these 6,000-plus generals, it’s not even close.
What was the most genius war tactic in history?
The UK air dropped matchbooks into enemy lines which contained instructions on how a soldier could fake illnesses to get sent home. Once the Nazi leaders caught wind of this, they stopped sending their troops home who claimed to have said illnesses.
How do you defend against a pincer attack?
Defending against a Pincer: Tactical Retreat: Before an enemy can engulf the unit, the best method is to tactically pull back your position. If you pull back the enemy can’t engulf you. Focused Attack: In the event of being trapped in a pincer, the unit can react in a coordinated attack.
Who is the only 6 star general in American history?
George WashingtonGeorge Washington, History’s Only Six-Star General ( … Sort Of) | Mental Floss.
Who has won the most battles in history?
The country with the most battles won is France with 1,115, followed by Britain with 1,105 and the United States 833. Poland won 344 battles, which places it above the Roman Empire, 259.
How do you become a military strategist?
Military analysts must possess, at a minimum, a bachelor’s degree in a major such as political science, international relations, military science, or security studies.